Sunday, April 09, 2006

JERRY: (To Russell) How about this: I manage a circus..

When pitching the "Jerry" pilot to NBC, in The Pitch, George describes the concept: "nothing happens on the show. You see, it's just like life. You know, you eat, you go shopping, you read.. You eat, you read, You go shopping."

The guy in the picture above takes a picture of himself in front of the same door everyday. That's pretty much it! It's fascinating. George was right.

RUSSELL: (Confused) How is that a show?

JERRY: Well, uh, maybe something happens on the way to work.

GEORGE: No, no, no. Nothing happens.

JERRY: Well, something happens.

RUSSELL: Well, why am I watching it?

GEORGE: Because it's on TV.


2 comments:

Jay Noel said...

OK, I looked through a bunch of his pictures. I can't tell you why specifically, but I believe this guy is an alcoholic.
-----------------------------
there does seem to be an ever changing array of liquor bottles under and on that little table :)

stan said...

The stop-motion stuff is fascinating. Looking at the things like disappearing fruit is pretty darned cool.

I had this very idea once before, so as to show my hair grow out or my weight disappear (or reappear), etc., in stop motion. I just haven't had the self-discipline to actually do it. Kudos to this guy for actually doing it.