Thursday, June 22, 2006

The very definition of stupid!

I have a water sprinkler running under a tree at the end of the driveway. The bird feeders are in the tree, and the bird bath is nearby, so all of God's feathered and fuzzy creatures like to congregate under that tree. Every now and then, the whole area needs a good soaking to freshen it up some!

I turned the sprinkler on and then Rooty and I went to McDonald's.

When we came back, I talked a while on the phone.

Then I decided to see if the mail was here. We have rural type mailboxes, up at the street.

So, Rooty and I headed out the garage door and up the driveway, in the opposite direction of the sprinkler.

The sprinkler always hits part of the driveway since the grassy area under the tree is small.

When we left the garage, the water drops hit us immediately.

As we got farther up the driveway, they kept hitting us. I thought "Gosh, the city must have upped the water pressure."

When we got to the front yard, not a great distance, we were still being hit by the water. I thought "Wow, that's the best sprinkler that I have, I'll have to use it all the time."

It was raining.

5 comments:

Jay Noel said...

Thank God it wasn't hailing.
-----------
I probably would have thought the neighbor kids were throwing rocks at me, again.

FantasticAlice said...

That was HYSTERICAL!
-------------------------------------
I thought it was just sad :)

UnHoly Diver said...

"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head...."
-----------------------
Dumb, Dumber, Jim

Anonymous said...

Any chance McDonald's sells alcohol in the US? Was it a special lunch?<==hey everybody, it's Ken d' Canada
----------------------------
the neighbors are always so quick to blame the things that I do on alcohol :)

moni said...

Hey Jim - You're all wet, hahaha
-------------------
something people have been saying for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!