Tuesday, December 27, 2005

If Dial don't get you clean, your problem may be more than soap can cure!

One of the gifts that I received for Christmas this year was pomegranate soap -- soap made from pomegranates, not (as you might suspect) soap that you use to clean pomegranates.

The pomegranate seeds are ground up inside the soap, so it's like washing with gravel, only less pleasant.

It also smells. I assume it smells like pomegranates. So now, I guess, so do I.

While I still have some skin and masculinity left, the pomegranate soap will be going to the garage, where it will wait on a shelf until Spring, when I can use it as bait in the yellow-jacket/wasp traps. The little critters will be dead, but they will be clean and smell politically correct.

1 comment:

Jay Noel said...

I know that pomegranate is a powerful anti-oxidant, and has been known to fight inflammation, high blood pressure, asthma, and arthritis.

However, I have no idea how they thought it could be used as soap.

Watch out for cabbage luffas and turnip shaving cream.
------------------------------------------
I like pomegranates to eat, although I have never seen one in a local store -- it is a little scary that what I washed with last night was more nutritional than what I had for lunch today :)

You know Your onions
Lettuce suppose
This beets 'em all
Don't turnip your nose
Burma-Shave(1935)