Friday, November 25, 2005

He Should Have Built a Little Lego Car And Made a Run for It!


Oh you wacky guys in Oregon!!!!

A grand jury in Portland suburb of Hillsboro has charged a Nevada man with stealing $200,000 worth of Legos. It took a truck to haul the evidence away from the guy's house, said to be made of very small bricks.

This appears to be just the tip of the Lego iceberg, since the guy has sold over $600,000 worth of Legos on the Lego collectors' website (you know, the guys the Trekkies laugh at).The accused is being held in the Washington County (Ore.) jail on $250,000 bail.

[Source: MSNBC/AP]

7 comments:

Jay Noel said...

I was wondering how my Millenium Falcon lego set could be sold so cheaply. I hope I don't have to turn my legos in as evidence, as I'm playing with the set right now.

Han Solo is busy fixing the hyperdrive.

Jim said...

how many of you think Phoenix is not joking???

Anonymous said...

I don't think phoenix is joking. Have you seen how many legos there are for sale on ebay. Dude, it's crazy!

Jim said...

I did not realize there were so many variations until I visited the Lego website, I assume that phoenix has most of them. When I was a kid, all I had to play with were old potatoes and sticks, that's how I built my first car (the spudster).

Anonymous said...

Jim, I went to the mall today and I kid you not...a Lego store. One whole store in the mall dedicated to just Lego's. It was awesome. I wish I had a camera phone to take a picture.

Jim said...

they do seem to be EVERYWHERE -- each little brick is probably a tiny bot, and on orders from the Galactic Overlord they will seek out each other and assemble into an awesome machine to extinguish all humans (except for Cher, of course) so the solar-scared mutant pixies from Alpha Centauri can have all the Krispy Kremes for themselves, the little evil bastards

stan said...

*Psst* Dave is also from Hillsboro.