Friday, November 25, 2005

A Gravy Boat Don't Float

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day, with a special prayer for all the G.I.'s in combat zones.

I finally had a chance to approve all of the comments, and to add comments of my own. I am going to turn off 'comment moderation' -- if for no other reason that it generates lots and lots of extra email.

Turkey by the parts (see below) worked out great, with everyone getting what they wanted (except me, of course, since I wanted peace and quiet). We ate at 1, everyone was gone by 4. I actually bought double the number of parts that I was told, that way everyone could leave with a container with his or her favorite turkey part, plus dressing, plus pie.

Rooty and I were then off to Missouri to have a second meal with my mother and aunt. I brought enough food with me so we didn't have to cook -- then her microwave blewup (pop, smoke, crackle). So I had to go to Wal*Mart and buy a new microwave before dinner could continue. Rooty had two, yes two, plates of cut-up turkey and climbed into his favorite chair. I don't expect him to be fully awake until Tuesday! We headed for home about 10 and I'm so tired my toes hurt.

No comments: