Tuesday, October 31, 2006

BOO!

Chris Pronger is a hockey player.
He now plays for the Anaheim Ducks.
Last year he played for the Edmonton Oilers.
Before that he played for the St. Louis Blues (photo above).
He was the team captain.

He's 6 foot 6 inches tall (198 cm).
I'm 6 foot.

A few years ago, I was waiting for someone in the very small room just inside the players entrance to what was then the Keil Center (the door next to the stage door to the opera house on Clark Street for those of you in St. Louis).

I was the only person in the very small room -- the security guard is behind glass in an adjoining room.

Through the door from inner bowels of the Keil Center popped Chris Pronger, in his complete uniform (except for the skates).

It was the most startled that I have ever been -- alarmed, frightened, suddenly surprised -- for a nano second I thought I was face to face with a giant alien monster. I probably turned several lighter shades of pale.

He was very nice about it, when he really didn't have to be.

I hope you come upon your own giant alien monster, and he gives you a real scare.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I mean, why can't things like that happen me????
-------------------------------
I always figured everyone in New Mexico knew everyone else in New Mexico, surely you have been scared by one or more of these people:

Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser)
Conrad Hilton
John Madden
Demi Moore
Al and Bobby Unser