Friday, August 26, 2005

To Go, Or Not To Go, That Is The Aperitif


James XXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXX, Illinois 6XXXXXXX
618 6XX-XXXX

August 26, 2005

XXXXXXXXX
President
The Pasta House Co.
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
St. Louis MO 63110

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX:

As you can see from the attached copy of a receipt from your [city] restaurant, we ordered $54.86 worth of food to go this evening at 6:39 PM. Being told that the order would be ready in about 25 minutes, I arrived to pick it up at about 7:07 PM. The Deluxe Pizza was indeed ready at about 7:08 PM and was placed behind the counter under the register. The pizza and I then waited another 27 minutes for the rest of the order.

It turned out that what was ultimately delaying the order was that someone had “forgotten” to do to the mozzarella sticks whatever one does to mozzarella to get them ready to serve. So, what we eventually got for our $54.86 was a stone-cold pizza, room-temperature entrees, but really hot and yummy mozzarella sticks.

We actually did better, I thought, than the two young ladies who were waiting for a table when I arrived and were still waiting when I left, their extended wait being the result of someone who had come in after them just getting up and taking the table that was intended for them. I would have thought that someone would have done something, anything, about that.

Oddly enough, I am actually writing to thank you. After some other events of the day, I was worried I would not have anything to post to my blog this evening. As I was finishing my last bite of cold garlic bread, I realized that I could just post this. (its-jim.blogspot.com)

Very truly yours,

James XXXXXXXXXXX

Attachment

[NOTE: Pasta House send coupons to cover the cost of the order.]

No comments: