Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Signal When Colliding

There are big highway signs along I-270 west of St. Louis near I-70 that say “Accident Reduction Zone.” What wonderfully vague jargon-babble! Does the highway department want fewer accidents? Smaller accidents? Perhaps briefer accidents. Shouldn't they want all of those everywhere, not just in the "Zone." Is there something that they want me to do? I'll gladly help. Perhaps they want me to try to not have accidents while in the "Zone," as opposed to my trying to cause accidents on all the other highways in the state. They should have just put up big signs that say “We Designed This Stretch of Interstate So Poorly It Makes Everyone Crazy And Causes Frequent Unnecessary Accidents.” The short version would be "270 Drivers Ahead, God Help Us."

No comments: