Sunday, January 04, 2009

I just love 'wrong-numbers' who argue!

PUNK: What's showing?

JIM: Sorry, you have the wrong number.

PUNK: Is this Cottonwood Cinema?

JIM: Sorry, you have the wrong number.

PUNK: Is this Cottonwood Mall?

JIM: Sorry, you have the wrong number.

PUNK: Are there movie theaters there?

JIM: There are no theaters in my home. You have the wrong number.

He called back about four minutes later, recognized my voice, and hung up. Punks, I assume, cannot grasp the concept of Caller ID.

4 comments:

The Daily Write Up said...

So sorry Jim, that was me

Jim said...

not you, wrong area code! caller ID! no fool jim! <--double meaning [at 3:03 AM]

stan said...

A few years ago someone called me asking for a Craig. I told the caller he got a wrong number. Ten seconds later my phone rings again. Same guy asking for Craig. I said to him, "It's a simple rule: If you get a wrong number, don't hit Redial." He didn't call back.

Jim said...

In the guy's defense, you do look like a Craig! :)