Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I want my school taxes back. Vol. 16. Part 3.

Went to OfficeMax to buy envelopes, paper, and (oddly enough) a padlock.

At check-out lane, I'm watching the little credit-card screen while the clerk is scanning my items.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Me: "It's not reading the scans, nothing shows on the screen."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Her: "The total will appear when I finish."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Me: [Glancing over at the nothing.] "Nothing is showing up on the register."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Her: [Annoyed.] It will when I finish."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

After the last beep, she looked at her register and realized that nothing she had scanned had been recorded by the register, much less totaled.

She pressed a few keys.

Her: "I'll have to scan everything again, there was something wrong with the computer."

And, Chevy Chase would turn to Jane Curtin and say "Jane, you ignorant sl*t."

2 comments:

:P fuzzbox said...

What we have here is failure to communicate. She needs to be put on the chain gang for awhile.

BTW, my word verification is sumak. I hope it isn't the poisonous variety.

Jay Noel said...

So what did you actually say after her acknowledgement that she had to start over?

I'd have a hard time not saying anything.