Monday, April 18, 2005

Now You Don't See It, And Now You Still Don't

There is a S-curve on a road near my house. I bring this up only because the city has recently placed a sign on the curve that reads "Hidden Driveway". I think the implied message is "Look out for cars entering and leaving the driveway located on the blind part of the curve." That probably would have required a much larger sign. As would "We really screwed up when we designed this thing or you would be actually able to see if there are any cars entering or leaving the driveway." I drove by the sign today and it also could have read "You could probably see the driveway if the weeds growing on the city's right-of-way were not the size of redwoods." I have no great insightful conclusion to draw from all of this, I just like signs.

No comments: