Friday, December 05, 2008

Ouch!

The value of my very small stock portfolio was exactly $0 as of close of the NYSE today (Friday). Nada. Nil. Nought. Zilch. Zip. Zot.

I hedge (put in an order to Buy at a ridiculously low price for a stock that I own) to keep my average stock price low. The market, however, just kept going lower.

I know that I'm fortunate to be at $0 since many people have portfolios with negative values, but ZERO is still a shock!

Again, I have only a very small sum invested in stocks -- just enough that I can watch the values change during the day. I do the same thing with the weather radar and the price of Rhodium (No, I don't know what Rhodium is and I don't own any that I know of, but I like to watch the price change via a ticker on my desktop. Once again, the phrase "Get a like!" applies.)*

*UPDATE: Rhodium is the most expensive of the precious metals. It is used in catalytic converters (so I do own some!) and in jewelry.

No comments: