Thursday, December 27, 2007

What strange sense of irony God doth have!

Fire destroys home belonging to 6 southern Ill. firefighters

CAHOKIA, Ill. -- Investigators say they believe a space heater is to blame for a southern Illinois fire that destroyed the home of six volunteer firefighters.

The six volunteer firefighters from the Prairie DuPont Fire Department lived in the Cahokia home with family members. No residents were injured. A firefighter from Cahokia was treated and released.

Cahokia Fire Chief Dave Nulsen says the space heater was too close to combustible materials such as clothing or draperies, sparking the fire that consumed the home's entire interior.

Nulsen says residents should keep such items at least three feet away from space heaters.


No comments: